Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Easy Caramelized Baked Chicken and Cleaned Up Cheesy Potatoes


I am always searching for yummy healthy recipes when I came across this one. I found the caramelized baked chicken on eezyrecipes.com. I also decided to pair it up with one of my favorite not so healthy cheesy potatoes! I LOVE cheese!! It is not natural the love that I have for it...anyways so I decided to try to tweak them to make them healthier. This dinner was husband and kid approved!!

Enjoy!!


Easy Caramelized Baked Chicken

Ingredients:

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 TBSP EVOO
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
2 TBSP ketchup
1 cup honey
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl mix the EVOO, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, minced garlic, salt and pepper together until blended well. Put the chicken breasts into a greased baking dish and pour the mixture into it covering the chicken. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and caramelized.


Cheesy Potatoes

Ingredients:

Frozen potatoes (I use southern style)
1 can of cream of chicken
6-8 oz of plain low fat Greek yogurt
onion (I use about 1/4 of an onion)
1/2 cup Colby Monterrey Jack cheese
salt and pepper to taste

*add a little milk to it if it needs thinned out a bit

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dice up the onion and saute it with a little EVOO. Put the cream of chicken, Greek yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix up. If the mixture is a little thick add a little milk to thin it out some. Then add the potatoes and sauteed onion to the mixture and mix well. Place it into a greased pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.

*If you want to add a little crunch you can take a handful of corn flakes and crush them up and add them to a TBSP of melted butter and stir up. Then sprinkle them on top in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment