Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

I have been thinking about using spaghetti squash for awhile now and I don't know what took me so long!?!
I love it and so did my whole family!!! 





My husband really loves pasta so this is a great alternative to use sometimes!! 
You can do so much with it and I can't wait to try more! 

Here is how I made it. It isn't completely clean (I used canned spaghetti sauce) but its still healthy!! 

Ingredients:
1 Large Spaghetti Squash 
1 can traditional spaghetti sauce
1lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/4 onion
1 clove garlic
1/2-3/4 cup1% low fat cottage cheese
Mozzarella cheese
EVOO

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash length wise in half and clean out all of the seeds and middle of squash. After they are both cleaned out spread EVOO(about 1/4 tsp) on each half. Place the squash face down in baking dishes. Cook for 40-60 minutes depending on the squash size. Mine took about 45 minutes. 
While those are cooking brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet and add the pressed garlic and onion until cooked. Then add the can of spaghetti sauce. In a separate bowl mix the cottage cheese and a handful of Mozzarella cheese together. 
When the spaghetti squash is done cooking (you will know its done if it easily shreds with a fork). Then place some of the cottage cheese mixture in each squash halfway full. Then add the sauce mixture in each squash until full. Add cheese to the tops of each squash. Then put them in the oven on BROIL for a couple of minutes. Make sure to check on them because it can burn easily! 

Eat it right away and right out of the squash!! 



This recipe fed my husband, myself, my almost 3 year old and my almost 1 year old!! 

I hope you enjoy as much as we did!!


No comments:

Post a Comment