Sunday, February 16, 2014

Meal Plan for 21 Day Fix Week 1

Tomorrow is the day!! It is the start of a 21 Day journey for me and my hubby along with some challengers of mine!! We are starting the 21 Day Fix! Honestly as I sat down to write out my meal plan it took me almost an hour and a half to figure it all out! When I first received it in the mail and I saw the containers I said, "OMG I am going to starve" and my husband was thinking that's not going to happen!! I really couldn't believe how much food I am getting at every meal. Before I thought I was eating pretty healthy but really I was not getting enough veggies (thank God I drink Shakeology) and I was eating WAY to many carbs. So I really had to plan everything out well so I can get everything that I need in!



What I did was a calculation to find out how much of each container I should be eating. I fell into the 1200-1499 calorie range but I am currently breastfeeding so I added 500 calories to my total and it bumped me up to the next level. So I am getting 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings of fruits, 4 servings of proteins, 3 servings of carbs, 1 serving of healthy fats, 1 serving of fats.

The program comes with color coded containers for those food groups. You just fill your container full of the food you will be eating and that is the serving size. I was surprisingly shocked how much you can fit into the containers! I am not eating out of them instead I am putting them on my plate so I can visually see what a proper serving size looks like. This will really help me for the future so I won't have to use the containers anymore!

Next you have to make sure to spread your containers out all throughout the day. I will still eat 5-6 small meals every 2.5-3 hours everyday. They suggest to finish your purple containers (fruits) and yellow (carbs) before 6PM. This will help your body burn fat faster!! Man do I feel sorry for my husband for the next 3 weeks!!

Combined with the nutrition you do daily 30 minute workouts. The workouts are Total Body Cardio Fix, Upper Fix, Lower Fix, Pilates Fix, 10 Minute Fix for Abs, Cardio Fix, Dirty 30 and Yoga Fix. The videos are made up of people of all fitness levels doing the exercises. You can watch whoever you relate with fitness wise and there are modifications to each move. You truly can be a beginner that hasn't worked out in years and still do this!

Some bonus points are you can drink wine in place of a yellow container up to 3 times a week!! You can also eat treats in place of a yellow container up to 3 times a week! There are easy recipes that you can use from salad dressing up to meals! You also can drink Shakeology with this so you can get even more nutrition plus it is an easy to grab and go meal!!! You can drink tea, coffee and of course water as much as you like!!

I am so excited to get this started! I will keep everyone posted weekly on how it is going along with our meal plans, tips and results!! I have included my meal plan below for Week One. Wish us luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment